Постоянные читатели

Архив блога

вторник, 13 сентября 2016 г.

TwitterBar

Widgets Search Less Talk, More Do Christopher Finke writes about things he has done. TwitterBar 233 Comments TwitterBar for Firefox was sold to HootSuite and renamed HootBar in March of 2011. TwitterBar for Chrome was discontinued in October of 2012. TwitterBar was an extension for the Mozilla Firefox Web browser (originally written by Tony Farndon) that allowed you to post to Twitter from the
 Firefox address bar. 233 thoughts on “TwitterBar” Dave says: hey; thanks for the great extension; very useful. Just for info: I had trouble using this at work; I ran wireshark and found the problem was that the proxy was rejecting the packet because there was no content length set. I fixed it by opening the xpi file and changing the following code from: req.onreadystatechange = getTwitterResponse;
req.open(“POST”,”http://”+username+”:”+password+”@twitter.com:80/statuses/update.xml?status=”+status, true); req.send(null) to: req.onreadystatechange = getTwitterResponse; req.open(“POST”,”http://”+username+”:”+password+”@twitter.com:80/statuses/update.xml?status=”+status, true); req.setRequestHeader(“Content-length”, “0”); req.send(null) this seems to work fine. You might have a better way of fixing this; I just thought I’d let you know what worked for me Thanks again May 16, 2008 at 8:17 am Reply Dan says: Nice extension. I’m new to Twitter, and was thinking “this really needs a FF extension to allow me to send a tweet without going to the Twitter webpage”; and voila! One curiosity: For some reason, the character countdown decrements by 20 extra characters when there is a URL in the URL bar. As soon as I type the second ‘/’ in ‘http://’, the char count drops from 134 to 113. I am no programmer, but when
 I looked in the source, I saw that ‘count’ is calculated two different ways, so
 I assume this is intentional; is it something required for sending URLs to Twitter? Anyway, great job and thanks for the extension. May 25, 2008 at 11:36 am Reply Christopher Finke says: Dan: the issue you’re seeing is because TwitterBar inserts “Current Browsing:” in front of any URLs you send to Twitter. This accounts for the 20 character change. Note: You can change the “Currently Browsing:” text by changing the value of “extensions.twitter.web” in about:config. May 25, 2008 at 7:20 pm Reply guruubii says: Hi, When i try to post I get an error that says “could not authenticate you” but I’ve verified my password a ton of
times, I cant find the problem :( June 3, 2008 at 8:23 pm Reply Stefan says: Hey, very sweet! Ich hoffe, dass ich nun öfter Zwitschern werde…. Thanks for this very useful plugin! Stefan June 13, 2008 at 3:22 am Reply Stuart says: For some reason my address bar height has now changed by about 10px in height, even the favicon is stretched. When I disable twitterbar it comes good again. Any thoughts as to why the look of my address bar might have changed? Regards. June 20, 2008 at 4:34 am Reply dupola says: haha,Great idea.I saw another addon that can send tweets in the search from. Thanks. June 23, 2008 at 12:49 am Reply Amy says: Flock, like a Christmas Tree?
It’s providing me with imaginative mental pictures! Just kidding of course! July 8, 2008 at 11:42 am Reply Christopher Hitchcott says: Hey, just wondering if there is a shortcut to post to twitter, rather than having to click the icon? Perhaps you could add an option to customise this in later versions; it’d be nice to just be able to [alt-return]. July 24, 2008 at 4:43 am Reply Susan says: HI, I’m trying to install the twitter bar extension on the Flock Browser and it’s not working. I know that it does work with this extension as many people who are doing the 30 Day Challenge with Ed Dale are using it. Any suggestions? Thanks, Susan August 1, 2008 at
 11:26 pm Reply WWWWolf says: This looks like a handy extension. Any chance that you would support specifying the website API root in the future? This would make the bar work for any laconi.ca based server (such as identi.ca), which are compatible with Twitter API. For example, for identi.ca, posting is as simple as changing [http://twitter.com/statuses/update.xml] to [http://identi.ca/api/statuses/update.xml]. August 2, 2008 at 3:31 am Reply Sav says: Great piece of code! Nice, minimalistic and discreet! Thank you! August 8, 2008 at 6:01 am Reply Frank Abrams says: clean and serene – I like it! August 25, 2008 at 9:27 am Reply Ian says: WOW! Great add-on! I especially love the currently browsing thing. :) August 27, 2008 at 6:30 pm Reply Geir says: Hi! Nice addon, really enjoying it! But a thought, is it possible, when posting only a url, to change the “Currently reading: ” part with the title of the page you’re posting? September 5, 2008 at 2:14 am Reply Kristen says: I love this add-on, but uninstalled it when I upgraded to FF 3.0.1.
When I tried to reinstall it, it now says that it’s not compatible with FF3. But I want it! September 5, 2008 at 7:40 pm Reply zustand says: this rocks!! thx from berlin September 24, 2008 at 10:57 am Reply Samantha says: Okay, so I’m late to the party, but I love this addon. Easiest way to Tweet yet! @Kristen: I am using FF 3.0.2 and it works great for me. Please try again! September 25, 2008 at 8:01 pm Reply Jon says: I had a problem posting the below URL. TwitterBar split the URL oddly and only tinyurl’d the part up to the end of the im:. http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/Barack-Obama/ss/events/pl/020807obama/im:/080924/480/
77b900c2f9fa4fa298cfa43d396d4825/ resulting shortened URL is broken: http://tinyurl.com/5y5t6r=/080924/480/77b900c2f9fa4fa298cfa43d396d4825 September 29, 2008 at 2:06 pm Reply Benoit Caccinolo says: @Christopher Hitchcott: just type your message followed by the –port and press Enter :) October 2, 2008 at 7:23 am Reply Heather says: Great add-on! I know I’m going to Tweet a ton more with this thing perched atop my screen. No more excuses. October 4, 2008 at 10:43 pm Reply mike says: Could you pls add identi.ca support? October 9, 2008 at 7:37 am Reply Tolefairy says: Really, really nice! Thank you! November 5, 2008 at 11:23 am Reply rob says: I cannot get it to install on FF 3.0.3, instead getting the Error 203 thing, which I’ve seen before with other extensions too. I tried the fix as detailed here: Unable to install themes or extensions – Firefox – MozillaZine Knowledge Base Delete “extensions.ini extensions.cache extensions.rdf” and restart FF. http://kb.mozillazine.org/Unable_to_install_themes_or_extensions_-_Firefox#Corrupt_extension_files Still no go at the AddOns page, nor with File Open the xpi downloaded from Softpedia. Any idea if it has a conflict with some other extension? November 8, 2008 at 3:17 pm Reply Jono Martin says: I love this add-on. The only thing I don’t like is that it somehow interferes with the Blank Canvas Gmail Signatures add-on. When TwitterBar is enabled, the Blank Canvas Gmail Signatures add-on doesn’t work. Any thoughts on that? Thanks again for a great add-on for us Twitter users. Jono Martin November 10, 2008 at 10:30 am Reply Anonymous says: Great app. Two suggestions: 1. A record/pause setting which tweets address bar on every change. 2. Tweet search bar contents for when a search is started from the search bar. Thanks. November 11, 2008 at 4:28 pm Reply Vick says:
 Hi, Wonderful extension. How do I access Twitterbar icon from the keyboard? Would be very cool to have that! November 14, 2008 at 7:25 pm Reply Tomek says: Hey, great extension. I am new to Twitter, but TwitterBar is really THE thing, for me. Also, like Vick, I would love to know, how to access “Post to Twitter” icon from keyboard. If it’s not avaible now, maybe, Christopher, you should consider putting it in a new version. November 24, 2008 at 2:23 am Reply Spacebom says: Hello. Thanks for the plugin it’s very useful. I have modified the file twitterbar.js archive for change “Currently browsing…” message. It could be good idea if everybody could change it by a more simple way. Best regards. December 1, 2008 at 8:41 pm Reply Jeff 'SKI' Kinsey says: Where is support for TinyURL? December 12, 2008 at 9:13 am Reply john says: Noticed an error when posting. I had a url with spaces in it a pdf file. When i posted it didnt put in %20 to replace the spaces. The tiny url was broken. Hope this helps. cheers http://zebracube.wordpress.com December 18, 2008 at 6:33 am Reply Dave says: The Options dialog box appears, but doesn’t show the “OK” button. What am I missing? Thanks. January 15, 2009 at 7:26 am Reply Newcomer says: This addon posts without asking for confirmation.
That should be fixed because it’s too easy to post without intention. January 22, 2009 at 6:01 pm Reply Ian Brodie says: Chris – love twitterbar! One question – is it possible to configure to use twurl rather than tinyurl as the URL shortening service. I’d like to take advantage of the ability of twurl to track clicks. Ian January 22, 2009 at 6:47 pm Reply rogerpfaff says: I wrote you already by mail but for everyone who doesn’t want for a new release I say it here too: I extended the add-on so that the title of a page is added to the tweet. if you’re interested you can download it here http://rogerpfaff.de/en/content/firefox-twitterbar-extension-hack-update regards roger January 23, 2009 at 10:00 am Reply Magali says: Doesn’t seem to work with Firefox 3.0.6? February 4, 2009 at 11:43 pm Reply Ian says: My post button has disappeared with 3.0.6. any ideas? February 6, 2009 at 6:56 am Reply Twitch says: Nice extension, unfortunately for me, the “–post” shortcut is short-circuited by one of my “must-have” extensions – SuperDragAndGo (version 0.2.6.3-directional) Weird. February 13, 2009 at 3:44 am Reply Julia says: Any way we can use the full url of the site we are posting? and not use the tinyurl? February 14, 2009 at 3:10 pm
 Reply Anonymous says: where is it possible to find this hack? http://rogerpfaff.de/en/content/firefox-twitterbar-extension-hack-update It does not seem to be on the web page and would be extremely useful!! February 17, 2009 at 4:24 pm Reply andychin says: my Post button has disappeared on FF306. February 17, 2009 at 7:55 pm Reply Jared says: How about adding bit.ly or is.gd support for auto-shortening URLS? February 18, 2009 at 2:39 pm Reply greggace says: giving your app a whirl today… did 3 as of this writing and its so far okay… will get back to ya— if I feel its not up to stuff… peace…greggace March 13, 2009 at 8:37 am Reply Jeketem says: Could you produce a similar extention using the Remember the Milk api. I love the simplicity of your application but i cant get RTM and Twitter working together. March 23, 2009 at 11:35 am Reply Dougie says: Thanks for maintaining this. It’s a superb FF addon. So much easier than having to cut’n’paste URLs from FF into Tweetdeck to be able to tweet them. March 23, 2009 at 6:49 pm Reply jeremy young says: Great work, use this all the time. Thanks. March 24, 2009 at 5:05 am Reply Revisit says: It keeps on requiring authorisation. I think that that is taking more than a second. :I March 26, 2009 at 10:15 am Reply Phil Massyn says: Is there a way I can prevent TwitterBar from asking permission everytime I reboot & start Firefox? It’s really distracting..
 Thanks Phil March 27, 2009 at 2:40 am Reply ZipZink says: Thanks – TwitterBar is for me, by far, easiest way for me to post to twitter. I use it along with scripts I’ve written in AutoIt. If you could build in a URL-shortener it would be outstanding. March 27, 2009 at 4:06 am Reply Angelo Alberico says: The new Auth system is broke, EV
ERY TIME I try to tweet it ask me to authorize, I do and it doesn’t remember. I’ve tried this on both my mac and windows systems. Great/useful tool before you added Oauth. March 27, 2009 at 10:52 am Reply Michael Weiksner says: Thanks for creating TwitterBar – I find it indispensable. I just installed the new version, and I see that you have migrated from tinyurl to is.gd. Fine. But seeing that change made me wonder: can you hook up bit.ly instead? bit.ly lets you track the clicks on your links, which is definitely worth something to me. Thanks and keep up the good work. – Mike March 27, 2009 at 5:20 pm Reply Todd says: I’m having a the authorization problem too. It continually asks me to reauthorize twitterbar to use my account. Is there a way to solve this? Sorry if I am missing something obvious. March 30, 2009 at 11:20 am Reply David says: This is a great extension. I use it a lot to post links and updates for my students to follow. April 2, 2009 at 2:07 am Reply Effective Web Design says: I didn’t read all comments above, maybe i’ll repeat somebodies suggestion, but i didn’t see this feature in the current version. I think its a good idea to have an option when submitting the tweet to include the
TITLE tag of the web page (link) that we submit. Thanks April 2, 2009 at 2:59 am Reply dailybarid says: i will return to old version because the last have problem with some thing : autho error April 2, 2009 at 4:10 am Reply millionart says: Bug report: the “before url” in options dialog cant input chinese or japanese, maybe it doesnt support utf8. Some wish: let me choose and change some shortcut key to post. thanks. April 2, 2009 at 9:21 am Reply amoswhite3 says: Thanks for the Twitterbar update. Great ff addon! April 3, 2009 at 9:46 am Reply kidtechguru says: I Agree! I think its a good idea to have an option when submitting the tweet to include the TITLE tag of the web page (link) that we submit. see http://www.myce101.com thanks Julius http://www.julrides.com April 3, 2009 at 7:00 pm Reply Piyush says: I have Firefox 3.0.7, i gives error: “TwitterBar encountered an error (401) ” I think its because , i didnt sign in..
 How to sign in to my account through TwitterBar. When i click “Reset Authorization Settings” in options. nothing happens.. April 5, 2009 at 9:44 am Reply Royston Morgan says: I am having a lot of trouble with this add on since the ‘upgrade’ – keeps requiring reauthorisation and stalls regularly. Is it possible to revert to the previous version. Else will have to be uninstalled – also crashes Firefox occasionally which is strange. Roy April 7, 2009 at 5:59 am Reply Brendan says: Thanks much! I enjoy Twitterbar a lot. I have also had trouble with authenticating, though. I’ve found that if I log into twitter first, then install the add-on, the authentication works fine. I’d also like to second the option to turn off URL shortening. April 7, 2009 at 11:50 am Reply max says: Since v 2.x I can’t use twitterbar on my two pcs anmore.. up to that point of time I had it installed on my laptop and my office pc. however somehow it only works now on one computer at a time. so i have to authorize the pc i use every single time again and again.. that sucks. is there any other solution for this? April 8, 2009 at 3:56 pm Reply mazenovi says: error message “TwitterBar encountered an error (401):” when I want to allow twitter profile access … any idea?
 April 9, 2009 at 4:04 am Reply Jamie says: Hey. Great idea. I am trying to use it and this is the message that keeps coming up: Invalid / expired Token /statuses/update.xml what I am doing wrong – you can email me. April 9, 2009 at 12:34 pm Reply Christopher Finke says: The “Invalid / expired Token” error was due to a combination of a bug in TwitterBar and an API change that Twitter made. You can download an update to TwitterBar that fixes the bug at http://is.gd/rIsP or you can wait for Mozilla to approve the update and have Firefox download it automatically, although this may take a couple of days. April 9, 2009 at 11:37 pm Reply Henning Ulfarsson says: Hi, I regularly use TwitterBar but with the newest update the support for Icelandic letters (æ, ö, á, í, etc) is gone. Any chance it can be fixed? Best, Henning April 11, 2009
at 1:28 pm Reply Salta3317 says: würde gern mehr über Twitter erfahren, wer hilft mir? April 11, 2009 at 11:47 pm Reply Ann says: I am trying to enter into twitter but when trying to register, I am told that my user name is invalid! Please help!! xXx P.S. I am not really computer literate! xXx April 12, 2009 at 11:24 am Reply Jacob says: Thanks for the 2.1.2 update it fixes the token error temporarily for me, but when I get twitterbar setup on one machine then get home and use my laptop, I get the token error again. Even though I have 2.1.2 installed. Is there something I can do? April 14, 2009 at 8:37 am Reply bringerj says: I want to delete Twitterbar. Any ideas on how to do this? April 14, 2009 at 10:56 am Reply Kelly says: ey! love this add-on! great work! April 14, 2009 at 5:38 pm Reply Morgan Sully says: Howdy Chris, TwitterBar ROCKS. I’ve used it a for quite while now
and the time you’ve spent on it is so awesome. I noticed that after I upgraded, long URLs are automatically shortened using is.gd. I’m a heavy user of bit.ly for it’s analytics (which also rock) and am wondering if there is a way to either turn *off* the is.gd shortening service OR, even better, have it use bit.ly instead (with my account). I’d be happy to provide any feedback, testing on teh awesome next version of TwitterBar -m April 15, 2009 at 11:56 am Reply StoreCrowd says: I’ve been using Twitthat! for a while now but find Twitterbar a much nicer integration & feels cleaner. Plus it also takes up one less space on my Bookmark Toolbar :) April 15, 2009 at 10:58 pm Reply Timgray says: sorry but version 2.1.2 is still giving me the problem. It works under OSX but on my vista64 laptop it says it’s unauthorized. yes I reinstalled it twice it still will not work. and yes it IS authorized.. my OSX machine at work is operating perfectly. April 21, 2009 at 8:08 am Reply sprabs says: For someone who asked above, keyboard lovers can just type –post in the address bar after their tweet to send it. Note that tweet is posted AS SOON AS you type in –post i.e. no need to press enter. April 27, 2009 at 12:22 am Reply sprabs says:
 Read -post as –post in the above post. April 27, 2009 at 12:23 am Reply sprabs says: Just a quick clarification, there are TWO hyphens required before post. For some reason, the two hyphens appear like a single long hyphen in posts above. April 27, 2009 at 12:24 am Reply Ewen says: I like it but it removes some icons (& therefore their funnctionality) from the address bar, namely the Xmarks icon & the RSS icon for the Newsgator add-on. That’s a deal-breaker for me. April 27, 2009 at 6:47 pm Reply red says: so this is just like Twitlet huh………………….. i use now 3 types or 3rd party Twitter app..the amazing TweetDeck, Twitlet (in my Google Chrome) and now Twitbar…(in Firefox) May 1, 2009 at 6:54 am Reply Anonymous says: version 2.1.2 is still giving me the problem. It works under sabayon and firefox 3.0.8 but i can reach the authorization from twitter or wathever… yes I reinstalled it twice it still will not work. and also i reset the autorization from twitter… but it’s not working… :( May 3, 2009 at 7:49 am Reply janice jenkins says: do not want to install twitter May 10, 2009 at 10:03 am Reply Gary says: every useful tool, however is there a short cut key to post twit without having to use the mouse to hover on the icon and click to post? May 14, 2009 at 7:00 am Reply Christopher Finke says: Gary: Just type –post at the end (don’t press enter), and it will post. May 14, 2009 at 9:20 pm Reply Milo says:
 Great idea, but the one-click tweet isn’t usable without the ability to dynamically include the title of the url you’re tweeting. Why would anyone reading that tweet click on a shortened url with no description? Failsauce. May 15, 2009 at 3:43 am Reply Milo says: Great idea, but the one-click tweet isn’t usable without the ability to dynamically include the title of the url you’re tweeting. Why would anyone reading that tweet click on a shortened url with no description? Failsauce. May 15, 2009 at 3:44 am Reply Scott Costello says: great extension, I just got into twitter and will be using this often. Thanks! May 18, 2009 at 9:37 am Reply TOULOUSE s
ays: comment supprimer cette fenêtre qui me demande un mot de passe que je ne connais pas ! May 20, 2009 at 10:25 am Reply zeta says: it will be good a easy way to switch accounts May 20, 2009 at 1:19 pm Reply Spritemoney says: Wow! Really useful. Although i wanna use another url shortern thing, can i do that? It looks like I can’t. Now i’m updating more on twitter because of tweetbar May 22, 2009 at 12:52 pm Reply bedo says: every useful tool, however is there a short cut key to post twit without having to use the mouse to hover on the icon and click to post? May 23, 2009 at 5:00 am
 Reply George says: Twitterbar used to work for me, but after an update it no longer will connect. Whenever I try to post I get an error box that says: Twitter responded with an error (401): Failed to validate oauth signature or token I am running FF 3.1.10. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Twitterbar. I revoked and un-revoked access to Twitterbar on the Twitter site. Anyone have suggestions on how to get it to post? Thanks! May 24, 2009 at
2:33 am Reply Gina M says: Just testing our Twitter. Newbie Twitterer :) May 27, 2009 at 8:21 am Reply George says: An update on comment 146. Twitterbar works fine from the browser on my laptop, but not from the browser on my desktop. Is there some kind of problem trying to access twitter from 2 different computers via Twitterbar? Thanks! May 28, 2009 at 12:53 am Reply Jilles van Gurp says: Thanks for this extension. It’s the best UI for entering tweets as far as I’m concerned. I had some issues with authentication after recent extension upgrades. It was complaining about invalid oauth token. Resetting the authentication from the preferences didn’t help (despite the oauth roundtrip it triggers) however the following did fix things for me: 1 go to about:config 2 type twitter in the search field 3 note that the twitter bar oauth token setting is NOT set, despite several oauth roundtrips to twitter 4 right click and reset all the twitterbar entries (empties them I assume) 5 restart browser, it will ask to authenticate and this time actually stores the token Done!
 A second minor bug: the spinning icon spins forever after failed authentication even though it is no longer waiting for a response from the server. May 28, 2009 at 4:44 am Reply Coolest Geek says: Great, thanks for this program, I love how it’s lightweight. Ok it’s no TweetDeck, but then again, sometimes I just want to post a tweet and not have to load up that hog of a program and get all my updates from elsewhere. So twitter bar does the job. Love it – Thanks. Ollie – Coolest geek on the net! May 28, 2009 at 8:48 am Reply AJ Armstrong says: What a great extension. I hooked this up to my Twitter account and hooked my Twitter up to my Facebook account, and now I’m updating both at once. -Thanks. May 28, 2009 at 9:03 am Reply Kuroir says: How about instead of that predefined message that you can setup when you send urls, you add the title of the web page? For example, I’m visiting this site http://www.chrisfinke.com/addons/twitterbar/ and I press the button, then it posts on twitter as: I’m checking out :
Twitterbar ( http://www.chrisfinke.com/addons/twitterbar/ ) ( ) May 30, 2009 at 6:42 pm Reply Dan says: Love the app. Having a couple issues though. On my wife’s computer, it continually says it can’t do the oauth thing. I have tried some of the tricks I have read around here, but to no avail. It worked fine on my computer. Incidentally, we are both using the latest macs with the latest OS, for what it’s worth. Second, when the window pops up asking if I want the social search thing, I hit cancel, thinking that this is referring to the magenta colored box in my url bar. If it is, I don’t need that and don’t want any more things in that bar than is necessary. But regardless, it still shows up. Thoughts? So, until I can get those two things settled, I am back to version 1. I preferred the simple dot idea too – doesn’t have to be a grey dot or anything, but I would like something more generic. And for those who think this app is too simple, that’s exactly why I love it so much. I don’t want to open up two or more apps to tweet. Oh ya, I would also prefer a tiny url creator with stats, as others have mentioned. Keep it up! Great add on. June 3, 2009 at 1:00 am Reply kelvin says: cool stuff though, BIG UPS!!! June 3, 2009 at 6:46 am Reply Daniel B. says: To George, comment 153, I have the same problem. Can’t figure out what’s the problem, so I haven’t tested this add-on yet. June 4, 2009 at 6:11 pm Reply Cathy says: Lazy people
LOVE your add on. I am a lazy person. I LOVE Your Add on! Because of research and those following me on Twitter, I have to pass on vital information we come across. Simply using the bar means I do not have to constantly log into my page when on the Net. One of the best add ons Firefox was lucky to get! Thanks for the hard work. June 9, 2009 at 7:15 am Reply devhubfan says: thanks for the great plugin, which makes my life more easy.:) June 11, 2009 at 11:13 am Reply ViperGeek says: Thanks for an excellent, lightweight, easy to use extension. TwitterBar is now my primary way to post quick notes or Web pages. I’m a bit disappointed that you moved from is.gd to .tk (Tweak) for URL shortening. I realize you’re saving ~3 characters, but I’ve been using is.gd for a very long time and prefer it over all the other shortening services. Perhaps in a future release, you’d consider making this a configurable option? June 12, 2009 at 2:24 pm Reply Wisdoom says: Hi, I don’t know if what I’m going to say is doable, but I had and idea you may like. When you click the ‘Post to twitter’ button, instead of a confirmation, could you put a space to write, so you can personalise each tweet?? Just an idea ;) June 12, 2009 at 3:50 pm Reply
 Craig says: Yeah – I am after something like Wisdoom too. Like, when you post is there a variable that could be used for the (shruken) URL. e.g. “Reading and interest post about the excellent TwitterBar.. %%” When %% would be swapped out with the URL. Often the page title ($$) is not that great a summary of the page content. June 21, 2009 at 8:20 pm Reply Craig says: Just to answer my own question posted above, and perhaps yours @wisdoom All you have to do to post a URL (shortened) with a personal message is type your message in front of the URL, leaving the URL in place. Click post and on twitter you will see: “My personal message http://12345.tk“ June 22, 2009 at 11:36 pm Reply Robert Wictorzon says: Great plugin!
 I just want to know why you changed the short url handler? Those %¤#&@.tk takes forever to load, if they load at all. I’ve been using Twitterbar for some time, and I haven’t noticed this problem before. Please change it back! :) June 24, 2009 at 11:19 am Reply Rachel says: I’ve been using Twitterbar for months with no problem and love it. I installed some update to Firefox last week and the post icon disappeared from my browser address bar. I’ve tried uninstalling, reinstalling it and disabling my other add-ons to determine the problem and nothing. I’m running Windows Vista and Firefox 3.0.11. Any ideas on how to fix it? June 30, 2009 at 11:11 am Reply Seth says: Why is Twitterbar now showing an Asian Favicon when sites do not provide one of their own now? June 30, 2009 at 2:17 pm Reply Pontus Berg says: Twitter bar is one of my all time favourite plugins! Makes it so much easier. Only drawback is that I get all confused using computers and browsers where it’s not installed as i take it for granted in all my work locations ;-) July 6, 2009 at 4:55 am Reply Kyle says:
 Thanks for the addon , but i think if it’s to add the current page title on the default tweet,it’s better. July 8, 2009 at 12:53 am Reply Tina says: My twitterbar is not working. (re-installed, no help) It says I wonder if this is because I changed the firefox address bar search default setting last week… (running with windows XP and FF 3.5) any advice? thanks in advance. July 9, 2009 at 3:44 am Reply Ankit Aggarwal says: Great extension. Must say.I was not posting on twitter just because it was too much to post a tweet especially when you are on slow connection. But after getting this extension all my tweets are from TwitterBar. Lot more add-ons are released to post directly from firefox, but this one is my fav. till date. July 10, 2009 at 8:54 am Reply Robert says: Hi Great tool!! Is it possible to managed 2 twitter account with this tool. I like to switch between the two accounts…. Thx July 12, 2009 at 5:32 am Reply Nina says: as 177 Rachel sais: with FF 3.5 Twitterbar post icon disappeared and I have done all thats possible to fix it. Me too running Vista. I´m soooo sad… help me, mr tweetbar :) July 15, 2009 at 4:28 pm Reply Top PS3 Games says: Hey Chris, great tool. I have recently changed my Twitter name and now when I post via TB it is not posting to my Twitter account. Is there a way to change the name on TB? Thanks! July 17, 2009 at 11:22 am Reply zeocu says: The new Auth system is broke,
EVERY TIME I try to tweet it ask me to authorize, I do and it doesn’t remember. I’ve tried this on both my mac and windows systems. Great/useful tool before you added Oauth. July 17, 2009 at 9:13 pm Reply Nima says: Hi, I use Firefox 3.5.1 but I receive the error 401. What should i do? I also couldn’t use the “Reset Authorization Setting” Help me plz July 18, 2009 at 8:18 am Reply Jasmine says: TwitterBar encountered an error (401): /oauth/access_token Invalid / expired Token Love the app but got this error. Running on vista. Thanks! July 20, 2009 at 7:04 pm Reply M) says: Great handy tool. Thanks so much. FYI, I hid the icon in th
e address bar and then brought it back and now it sits on the left of the address. :/ Fix this if you can. I have two ideas to share as well. Consider showing the icon only when typing in the address bar. Also, as mentioned in an earlier post, consider creating a shortcut key instead of –post. Like ALT enter. My fingers are twitching to have this. July 21, 2009 at 11:12 am Reply Katherine says: What do I need to do in order to authorize the Twitter Bar to access my twitter account in order to be able to post?? Please let me know ASAP. Thanks. July 23, 2009 at 1:31 am Reply Free Articles - KeyKnowHow.com says: Great extension; simple July 23, 2009 at 8:44 pm Reply Randall says: Hi, I have firefox 3.5.1 too but I can’t running Twitterbar. I’ve tryed to download and install it 4-5-6 times but nothing happened… Restarted firefox every time and already my PC. Can somebody help me? Thanks in advance, R July 24, 2009 at 8:05 am Reply Clive says: I can post a Tweet or a URL but cannot do the two together. Maybe I am missing something? July 26, 2009 at 5:21 pm Reply Fernando says: Error in –options command Error de lectura XML: entidad no definida Ubicación: chrome://twitterbar/content/optionsDialog.xul Número de línea 28, columna 3: —————-^ July 27, 2009 at 1:21 am
Reply Helen Hunt says: Thanks for this lovely addon. I currently use twitterfox which sits on the status bar, and think it’s a good idea to try yours and see how they compare. Thanks again for sharing :) July 27, 2009 at 3:58 am Reply Larry says: Let me just say that I love this add-on. It has become the de facto manner by which I bookmark interesting web sites. One small annoyance though…whenever I post to Twitter, usually by clicking the address bar (+) icon, a new Firefox tab automatically opens up to show me the tweet at my Twitter home page. Is there a way to suppress this from happening? All I really want to do most of the time is tweet away and not get distracted/interrupted. July 29, 2009 at 10:17 am Reply Sebastian says: Hey Chris, thank you very much for this addon. I am new to twitter and I love ur addon right from the start!! Keep on the good work! Sebastian August 1, 2009 at 2:10 am Reply Christopher Finke says: Larry: In the TwitterBar options (type –options in the address bar), there is a checkbox to turn that feature off. August 1, 2009 at 10:04 am Reply videolar says: The new Auth system is broke, EVERY TIME I try to tweet it ask me to authorize, I do and it doesn’t remember.Thank you.. August 3, 2009 at 10:30 am Reply Jake says: Are you planning of making one for Safari? August 7, 2009 at 4:51 pm Reply Ishak says: #196 Randall. I have firefox 3.5.2 and initially thought that the addon could not be found. It is in the address bar. You’ll see the blue twitter icon, just click that and you would be required to authorize postings to you twitter account- just once.
Then write your tweet and click the tweeter icon and you are done. Thanks Chris for an awesome tool! August 11, 2009 at 8:33 pm Reply CT says: Hi everyone, Great add-on…but a question… I use this add-on to publish both on Twitter& Facebook. The question is : Is it possible to post with my twitter-bar on my Facebook profile AND on the Fan page I manage ??? Maybe with 2 different twitter bar ??? Thanks a lot, Best Regards, Control Tower http://www.facebook.com/pages/Control-Tower/15081197465 August 13, 2009 at 4:08 am Reply Linda says: I added Twitter and every time it tells me that I need to authorize, but I can’t seem to figure out how to do that… Please advise…. August 14, 2009 at 9:46 pm Reply apex says: Hey! it’s not working on 3.5.2 401 error invalid token August 24, 2009 at 4:30 am Reply youtube says: I use this add-on to publish both on Twitter& Facebook. August 25, 2009 at 8:02 am Reply 22vanilla22 says: Hey where is Chrisdog93? August 27, 2009 at 7:31 pm Reply erkek bileklik says: as 177 Rachel sais: with FF 3.5 Twitterbar post icon disappeared and I have done all thats possible to fix it. Me too running Vista. August 28, 2009 at 8:25 am Reply Anonymous says: yes, it doesnt work on my 3.5.2 ,too …error 401 :( August 29, 2009 at 9:32 am Reply litercilio says: oi é a primeira ves que eu entro no twitter, ainda não sei como funciona, espero que eu apreendo logo August 30, 2009 at 5:40 pm
Reply onlinesitem says: Twitterbar post icon disappeared and I have done all thats possible to fix it. Me too running Vista. August 31, 2009 at 5:30 am Reply SubmitguRu says: Thank you for Twitterbar ! I like it. Thank’s again !!! September 1, 2009 at 6:22 am Reply kang dwi says: I added Twitter and every time. THANK FOR INFORMATION September 2, 2009 at 9:30 am Reply Mark Felix says: Great, love it…Mark September 6, 2009 at 12:23 pm Reply Roschelle says: I love it. I just recently found out how much better firefox is as opposed to IE. And then I received an added surprise with all the add-on features that are available. Great work. Thanks so much September 12, 2009 at 12:26 pm Reply Terry says: Pretty cool… September 15, 2009 at 12:30 pm Reply praveen says: i love twittor.. nice .. thanks September 18, 2009 at 3:55 am Reply John Kevin Beaver says: Wel Just Upgradeing Around on Here Eh?!: September 18, 2009 at 3:29 pm Reply Bob Borghart says: Is it possible to ad the active url when posting a tweet from Twitterbar?
 One can click on the twitter icon to post the url which results in a ‘currently browsing’ text followed by the link on Twitter or write a tweet from the Firefox adress bar without the url of the webpage, but is it possible to combine both in the current version of Twitterbar? Being able to write a header or subject line that inserts the webpage? September 20, 2009 at 5:26 pm Reply Dean Cruddace says: I agree with Bob (#230) it would be nice to extract the title of the page being browsed to accompany the link. Is this already available through about:config? September 21, 2009 at 8:18 am Reply John Kent says: I fully agree with Dean September 29, 2009 at 7:17 am Reply Nico Coer says: Hey! I LOVE this Add-On an insane amount, it has really h
elped with my productivity (don’t have to bring up a new window to tweet a new resource). I’m wondering if you have plans to make one for Google Chrome? I’m considering switching (I downloaded it) but the lack of twitterbar makes me a little doubtful about how useful it will be for me. Thanks! September 29, 2009 at 1:21 pm Reply bpp candipuro says: Great idea.I saw another addon that can send tweets in the search from. Thanks for Information October 14, 2009 at 12:50 am Reply DDN says:
 Thanks bro i like twitterbar October 16, 2009 at 10:38 pm Reply Mike says: How do I change between Twitter accounts? October 22, 2009 at 10:09 am Reply sourav ray says: Twitterbar is an amazing tool for stealth mode twitting. I use it a lot when I’m in office. Thanks Christy. October 24, 2009 at 3:52 pm Reply devon says: how do i get a twitter account October 24, 2009 at 5:52 pm Reply auto sport says: Twitter Bar – Twitter works because it is plain and simple. October 26, 2009 at 1:20 pm Reply ROFLcOptimist says: Hey there, Twitterbar is a nice Addon. Why did you remove dot.tk as Url Shortener since the new version? It takes 3 more characters.
 October 27, 2009 at 3:54 am Reply
 kathie says: hey! i changed my twitter password, do i need to like change it on twitterbar as well or something? thanks man, kathie:D November 21, 2009 at 7:39 pm Reply Dugald McLachlan says: hi Chris Finke! unable to log in to twitter bar at present. Thank you regards DMcL November 28, 2009 at 1:31 am Reply kefelegn minda says: how can i use the twitter bar properly? December 1, 2009 at 2:25 am Reply video75 says: I saw another addon that can send tweets in the search from December 6, 2009 at 9:37 pm Reply Arkantamis says:
 Hello! Excellent App… But it’s still having the problem with the XML options dialog… It was working anyway, but I updated to the last version (2.7.3) and the app didn’t work anymore… =( Some ideas? (I’m using Win7 and the last version of Firefox…) December 12, 2009 at 1:06 pm Reply Gitana says: TwitterBar is really helpful. Thanks so much :D. December 20, 2009 at 2:11 am Reply vikas yadav says: All is good except a major problem these days. If I try a really long tweet which is beyond 160 char (or some) limit then bar does not complain that twitter has refused and you even looses the tweet from the address bar. now there is no way to get what you were writing and it was saved nowhere. December 22, 2009 at 6:24 am Reply
 Advericks says: Firefox 3.5.5 Vista Home Error de lectura XML: entidad no definida Ubicación: chrome://twitterbar/content/optionsDialog.xul Número de línea 4, columna 1:

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий